Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Guardian Angels Come in Many Sizes!

Today I went to a "Meet the Buyers" conference for the first time.  Greg Peters, The Reluctant Networker, would be proud of me.  I walked up to people and introduced myself and came away with new contacts and people wanting to help get me to the right people.  It was great!  But nothing would have prepared me for my meeting with Cory and Caitlin tonight.
Cory and Caitlin offered to do a web site usability test for me a few months ago, so tonight they were going to tell me the outcomes. I was a little nervous about what they were going to tell me.  Did people hate the site?  Could they find things on the site? Was it user friendly?  These two bright and eager University of Michigan students were so kind, professional and honest with me.  They told me what needed to be done and how they would like to proceed.  To learn that they would like to help revamp the look of the site to make it more professional and to allow me to focus on the content and not to get caught up in the coding.  That was music to my ears.  I was, and still am, overwhelmed with gratitude.  To think 3 months ago I didn't even know these two incredible kids and now I'm partnering up with them.  They are like guardian angels making my burden light.
How can I ever repay them?

No comments:

Post a Comment