Sunday, August 29, 2010

Going Back!

I get so excited about school starting; buying new Sharpies and new runners, planning welcoming activities for the kids and changing the room to greet the kids on the first day of school, that I'll probably not sleep well tonight.  I think of all the things I want to do or take in to use and my monkey brain just doesn't know how to shut off.  But that's okay!  I do love all the preparing for the kids returning.
Megan and I are sending out a letter to welcome the kids back to school with a puzzle piece they have to fill in and bring to school on the first day.  It will be our school puzzle - where everyone makes a difference.  So tomorrow the teachers will draw their puzzle pieces (they don't know it yet!!)  In the past, kids have enjoyed getting the welcome letters, so I hope they like this one.
Another year, more fun to follow!
What are you doing to start off the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment